Artificial Intelligence replicates human intelligence in the automated processes that machines perform. Machines require human intelligence to execute actions. These computer processes are data learning-based and can respond, recommend, decide and autocorrect on the basis of interactions.
Financial Analysis is a process of evaluating business and project suitability, the company’s stability, profitability, and performance. It involves professional expertise. It needs a lot of financial data from the company to analyze and predict.
Types of Financial Analysis:
- Cash Flow: It checks Operating Cash Flow, Free Cash Flow (FCF).
- Efficiency: Verify the asset management capabilities of the company via Asset turnover ratio, cash conversion ratio, and inventory turnover ratio.
- Growth: Year over year growth rate based on historical data
- Horizontal: It is comparing several years of data to determine the growth rate.
- Leverage: Evaluating the company’s performance on the debt/equity ratio
- Liquidity: Using the balance sheet it finds net working capital, a current ratio
- Profitability: Income statement analysis to find gross and net margins
- Rates of Return: Risk to return ratios such as Return on Equity, Return on Assets, and Return on Invested Capital.
- Scenario & Sensitivity: Prediction through the worst-case and best-case scenarios
- Variance: It compares the actual result to the budget or the forecasts of the company
- Vertical Analysis: Income divided by revenues.
- Valuation: Cost Approach, Market Approach, or other methods of estimation.
Role of AI in Financial Analysis:
The finance industry is one of the major data collectors, users, and processors. Financial Services sector and its services are specialized and have to be precise.
Finance organizations include entities such as retail and commercial banks, accountancy firms, investment firms, loan associations, credit unions, credit-card companies, insurance companies, and mortgage companies.
Artificial intelligence can teach machines to perform these calculations and analysis just as humans do. We can train machines, the frequency of financial analysis can be set, and accessibly to reports has no time restrictions.
How AI is implemented in Financial Analysis?
Artificial intelligence adopted by Financial Services is changing the customer expectation and directly influences the productivity of this sector.
Implementation of Artificial intelligence in the Finance Sector:
- To streamline processes
- Big data processing
- Matching data from records
- Calculations and reports
- Interpretations and expectations
- Provide personalized information
Challenges these financial institutions face in implementing AI is the number of trained data scientists, data privacy, availability, and usability of data.
Quality data helps in planning and budgeting of automation, standardizing processes, establishing correlation. Natural language processing –NLP used in AI is quite a communicator still with over 100 languages spoken in India and 6500 languages across the globe, the development of interactive sets is challenging.
Add Virtual assistants/ Chatbots to the website, online portals, mobile applications and your page on the social media platform. Chatbots can indulge in basic level conversations, reply FAQs, and even connect the customer to a live agent. Machine Learning technology lowers costs of customer service, operations, and compliance costs of financial service providers. AI provides input to the financial analysts for in-depth analysis.
Advantages of Artificial Intelligence in Financial Analysis:
- Mining Big Data: AI uses Big data to improve operational activities, investigation, research, and decision-making. It can search for people interested in financial services and other latest finance products launched in the market.
- Risk Assessment: AI can assess investment risks, low-profit risks, and risks of low returns. It can study and predict the volatility of prices, trading patterns, and relative costs of services in the market.
- Improved Customer Service: Catering customers with their preset preferences is possible with virtual assistants. Artificial Intelligence understands requests raised by customers and is able to serve them better.
- Creditworthiness & Lending: AI helps to process the loan applications, highlights risks associated, crosscheck the authenticity of the applicant’s information, their outstanding debts, etc.
- Fraud Prevention: Systems using Artificial Intelligence systems can monitor, detect, trace, and interrupt the identified irregularities. It can identify any transaction involving funds, account access, and usage all that indicate fraud. This is possible with the data processing it does on the historic data, access from new IPs, repetitive errors or doubtful activities and activations.
- Cost Reduction: AI can reduce costs of financial services and reduce human efforts, lessens the requirement of resources, and adds to accuracy in mundane tasks. Sales conversion is faster due to the high response rate and saves new customer acquisition costs. Maximizing resources can save time and improve customer service, sales, and performance.
- Compliances: Financial data is personal hence, data security, and privacy-related compliances based on norms, rules, and regulations of that region being met. While companies use and publish data, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) laws protect individuals and abide by companies to seek permission before they store user data.
- Customer Engagement: Recommendations and personalized financial services by AI can meet unique demands and optimize offerings. It can suggest the investment plans considering existing savings, investment choices, habits, and other behavioral patterns, returns expected in percentage as well as in long term or short term, future goals.
- Creating Finance Products: AI can help finance industry to create intelligent products from learning’s from the financial datasets. Approaching existing clients for new products or acquiring new is faster with AI technology.
- Filtering information: AI helps faster search from a wide range of sources. Search finance services, products, credit-scores of individuals, ratings of companies and anything you need to improve service.
- Automation: Accuracy is crucial in the finance sector and while providing financial services. Human decisions are prone to influence of situations, emotions, and personal preferences but AI can follow the process without falling into any loopholes. It can understand faster and convey incisively. Automation of processes can improve with face recognition, image recognition, document scanning, and authentication of digital documents, confirmation of KYC documents, and other background checks; necessary for selective finance services.
- Assistance: Text, image and speech assistance helps customers to ask questions, get information, and download or upload documents, connect with company representatives, carry out financial transactions and set notifications.
- Actionable items: Based on the financial analysis the insights generated to provide a competitive advantage to the company. A large customer base and its complex data are simplified by AI and send information to the concerned department for scheduling actions. These insights are gathered from all modes of online presence i.e. Website, social media, etc.
- Enhanced Performance: Business acceleration, increase in productivity and performance is a result of addition to the AI knowledge base. The overall use of AI technology is adding to opportunities in the finance sector.
Companies utilizing Artificial Intelligence in Financial Analysis:
- Niki.ai: This company has worked on various chatbot projects e.g. HDFC bank FB chat provides banking services and attracts additional sales. It created a smartphone application for Federal Bank. Niki the chatbot can guide the customers looking for financial services, e-commerce and retail business with its recommendations. It can assist in end-to-end online transactions for online hotel and cab, flight or ticket booking.
- Rubique: It is a lender and applicant matchmaking platform. The credit requirements of applicants are studied before recommendation from this AI-based platform. It has features like e-KYC, bank statement analysis, credit bureau check, generating credit memo & MCA integration. It can track applications in real-time and help to speed up the process.
- Fluid AI: It is committed to solving unique and big problems of finance, marketing, government and some other sectors using the power of artificial. It provides a highly accurate facial recognition service that enhances security.
- LendingKart: This platform serves by tackling the process of loans to small businesses and has reached over 1300 cities. LendingKart developed technology tools based on big data analysis to evaluate borrower’s creditworthiness irrespective of flaws in the cash flow or past records of the vendor.
- ZestFinance: It provides AI-powered underwriting solutions to help companies and financial institutions, find information of borrowers whose credit information is less and difficult to find.
- DataRobot: It has a machine learning software designed for data scientists, business analysts, software engineers, and other IT professionals. DataRobot helps financial institutions to build accurate predictive models to address decision-making issues for lending, direct marketing, and fraudulent credit card transactions.
- Abe AI: This virtual financial assistant integrates with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Facebook, SMS, web, and mobile to provide customers convenience in banking. Abe released a smart financial chatbot that helps users with budgeting, defining savings goals and tracking expenses.
- Kensho: The company provides data analytics services to major financial institutions such as Bank of America, J.P. Morgan, Morgan Stanley, and S&P Global. It combines the power of cloud computing, and NLP to respond to the complex financial questions.
- Trim: It assists customers in rising saving by analyzing their spending habits. It can highlight and cancel money-wasting subscriptions, find better options for insurance and other utilities, the best part is it can negotiate bills.
- Darktrace: It creates cybersecurity solutions for various industries by analyzing network data. The probability-based calculations can detect suspicious activities in real-time, this can prevent damage and losses of financial firms. It can protect companies and customers from cyber-attacks.
The future of Artificial Intelligence in Financial Analysis is dependent on continuous learning of patterns, data interpretation, and providing unique services. Financial Analysis and Artificial Intelligence have introduced new management styles, methods of approaching and connecting with customers for financial services. The considerations of choices increase the comfort level of customers and sales. Organizations become data-driven and it helps them to launch, improve, and transform applications.
The insights, accuracy, efficiency, predictions, and stability have created a positive impact on the finance sector.
Subscribe now and get updates on the latest happening in the world of AI & Big Data, what's happening at Bridged & much more!